Film: LGTBI+ en línea: Visibles
October 23, 2020
12 pm (available for 48 hours)
Instituto Cervantes Vimeo Channel Here
Instituto Cervantes Albuquerque presents LGTBI+ en línea, an online showcase of short subjects, both feature films and documentaries, by Spanish, Colombian, and Mexican filmmakers showcasing the individuality and creativity demonstrated in the exploration of distinct sexual identities. It is presented in collaboration with the National Hispanic Cultural Center as part of the Bank of America Free Film Series.
Society has created a stereotype of the LGTBI community, in which its members, fashionable and wealthy, always have fun and never grow older than 40. Enrique Rey Monzón’s short documentary seeks to dispel this image, which leaves out older members of the community who need to find their own place in society and their own path to aging. 2018; Spanish with English subtitles; 19 minutes; rated G.
Free virtual community event
* Friday, October 2: Porque no (Colombia/Spain: Ruth Caudeli, 2016)
* Tuesday, October 6: Eva menos Candela (Colombia, Ruth Caudeli, 2018)
* Friday, October 9: Juan de las brujas (Mexico, Andrew Houchens, 2019)
* Tuesday, October 13: Princesa de hielo (Spain, Pablo Guerrero, 2017)
* Friday, October 16: Piscina (Spain, Carlos Ruano, 2017)
* Tuesday, October 20: El niño que quería volar (Spain, Jorge Muriel Mencia, 2018)
* Friday, October 23: Visibles (Spain, Enrique Rey Monzón, 2018)
* Tuesday, October 27: En la azotea (Spain, Damià Serra Cauchetiez, 2016)
All titles will be available on the Instituto Cervantes Vimeo channel for 48 hours.