¡HAH! Happy Arte Hour
August 1, 2019
5:30 pm to 7:30 pm
On the first Thursday of the month, NHCC invites adults for artistic fun in a relaxed social setting, which includes snacks, refreshments, and beer & wine for sale from Pop Fizz. This is a great opportunity for friends to hang out, a unique date night option, or a place to come solo and connect with fellow art enthusiasts.
Please pre-register using the link HERE (so we know how many materials to prepare).
This month, work with guest artist Sean Wells who will discuss working in the contemporary style inspired by traditional Spanish Colonial Art forms. She will lead us in a painting workshop using acrylic paints on canvas. Paintings created during this month’s HAH or Vamos will be voluntarily included in an exhibition in the education building.
About Sean Wells:
Sean’s artwork has been featured on internationally distributed beer labels (Cerveza de los Muertos), nationally distributed wine labels (La Catrina Vino) and New Mexico Lottery Scratchers for which she received a national award for top scratcher design. She is an award-winning 5th generation Spanish Colonial artist and juried member of the Spanish Colonial Arts Society in the retablo category, promoting the traditional arts through her television show, New Mexican Santera. Sean received “Best Visual Artist 2016” and “Top 5 Artists” 2017 and 2018 from the readers of Albuquerque the Magazine. Through art, Sean aspires to bring an appreciation for the Hispanic traditions and culture of Northern New Mexico to a broader audience.
Sean’s art has been featured on the following posters:
- 2015 Day of the Tread Bike Ride, Albuquerque NM
- 2016 Day of the Tread Bike Ride, Albuquerque NM
- 2017 Barelas Festival, Albuquerque, NM
- 2017 Day of the Tread Bike Ride, Albuquerque NM
- 2017 La Cosecha International Dual Language Conference, Albuquerque, NM
- 2017 Run for the Zoo Poster, Albuquerque, NM
- 2018 Barelas Festival, Albuquerque, NM
- 2018 Blue Ball Poster, Frozen Dead Guy Days, Nederland CO
- 2018 Day of the Tread Bike Ride, Albuquerque NM
- 2018 Gypsy Festival, Madrid, NM
- 2018 Lincoln County Days, Lincoln County, NM
For more information please call or email Elena Baca at 505-246-2261 or ElenaD.Baca@state.nm.us
Free, $5 donations are encouraged to support the artists & purchase supplies