Film: LGTBI+ en línea: Juan de las Brujas
12 pm (available for 48 hours)
Instituto Cervantes Vimeo Channel Here
Instituto Cervantes Albuquerque presents LGTBI+ en línea, an online showcase of short subjects, both feature films and documentaries, by Spanish, Colombian, and Mexican filmmakers showcasing the individuality and creativity demonstrated in the exploration of distinct sexual identities. It is presented in collaboration with the National Hispanic Cultural Center as part of the Bank of America Free Film Series.
Andrew Houchens’ short documentary Juan de las Brujas honors the fulfilling life and enduring legacy of Juan Medellín, a founding member of the renowned Ballet Folklórico de Amalia Hernández who remained with the company for nearly 40 years. The film uses colorful, hand-drawn animation to illustrate Medellín’s childhood memories, his start as a dancer, and his time with the ballet during its “golden age.” It has been described as a “humble love letter to Mexico.” 2019; Spanish with English subtitles; 18 minutes; not rated.
Free virtual community event
* Friday, October 2: Porque no (Colombia/Spain: Ruth Caudeli, 2016)
* Tuesday, October 6: Eva menos Candela (Colombia, Ruth Caudeli, 2018)
* Friday, October 9: Juan de las brujas (Mexico, Andrew Houchens, 2019)
* Tuesday, October 13: Princesa de hielo (Spain, Pablo Guerrero, 2017)
* Friday, October 16: Piscina (Spain, Carlos Ruano, 2017)
* Tuesday, October 20: El niño que quería volar (Spain, Jorge Muriel Mencia, 2018)
* Friday, October 23: Visibles (Spain, Enrique Rey Monzón, 2018)
* Tuesday, October 27: En la azotea (Spain, Damià Serra Cauchetiez, 2016)
All titles will be available on the Instituto Cervantes Vimeo channel for 48 hours.