Film: LGTBI+ en línea: Piscina
October 16, 2020
12 pm (available for 48 hours)
Instituto Cervantes Vimeo Channel Here
Instituto Cervantes Albuquerque presents LGTBI+ en línea, an online showcase of short subjects, both feature films and documentaries, by Spanish, Colombian, and Mexican filmmakers showcasing the individuality and creativity demonstrated in the exploration of distinct sexual identities. It is presented in collaboration with the National Hispanic Cultural Center as part of the Bank of America Free Film Series.
Carlos Ruano’s short feature film Piscina is a story of two boys from the barrio who have been friends for their entire lives. Like so many others, Santi and Jota are not in school and are not working; they spend their time drinking in the park and discussing the relative attractiveness of the girls they know. But it seems that something is preoccupying Jota…. 2017; Spanish with English subtitles; 9 minutes; not rated.
Free virtual community event
* Friday, October 2: Porque no (Colombia/Spain: Ruth Caudeli, 2016)
* Tuesday, October 6: Eva menos Candela (Colombia, Ruth Caudeli, 2018)
* Friday, October 9: Juan de las brujas (Mexico, Andrew Houchens, 2019)
* Tuesday, October 13: Princesa de hielo (Spain, Pablo Guerrero, 2017)
* Friday, October 16: Piscina (Spain, Carlos Ruano, 2017)
* Tuesday, October 20: El niño que quería volar (Spain, Jorge Muriel Mencia, 2018)
* Friday, October 23: Visibles (Spain, Enrique Rey Monzón, 2018)
* Tuesday, October 27: En la azotea (Spain, Damià Serra Cauchetiez, 2016)
All titles will be available on the Instituto Cervantes Vimeo channel for 48 hours.