Film: LGTBI+ en línea: Eva menos Candela/Eva without Candela
12 pm (available for 48 hours)
Instituto Cervantes Vimeo Channel Here
Instituto Cervantes Albuquerque presents LGTBI+ en línea, an online showcase of short subjects, both feature films and documentaries, by Spanish, Colombian, and Mexican filmmakers showcasing the individuality and creativity demonstrated in the exploration of distinct sexual identities. It is presented in collaboration with the National Hispanic Cultural Center as part of the Bank of America Free Film Series.
Eva menos Candela, another short feature film by Ruth Caudeli, follows the filmmaker’s Porque no, shown as the opening film in this series. This film also deals with the lack of transparency in some lesbian relationships, as Eva and Candela come together two years after their relationship has ended. While it appears that they have moved on with their lives, there is still unfinished business between them. 2018; Spanish with English subtitles; 18 minutes; not recommended for children under 12.
Free virtual community event
* Friday, October 2: Porque no (Colombia/Spain: Ruth Caudeli, 2016)
* Tuesday, October 6: Eva menos Candela (Colombia, Ruth Caudeli, 2018)
* Friday, October 9: Juan de las brujas (Mexico, Andrew Houchens, 2019)
* Tuesday, October 13: Princesa de hielo (Spain, Pablo Guerrero, 2017)
* Friday, October 16: Piscina (Spain, Carlos Ruano, 2017)
* Tuesday, October 20: El niño que quería volar (Spain, Jorge Muriel Mencia, 2018)
* Friday, October 23: Visibles (Spain, Enrique Rey Monzón, 2018)
* Tuesday, October 27: En la azotea (Spain, Damià Serra Cauchetiez, 2016)
All titles will be available on the Instituto Cervantes Vimeo channel for 48 hours.