Film: Creadores de animación para el siglo XXI: ¿Dónde estabas tú?
12 pm (available for 48 hours)
On the Instituto Cervantes Vimeo Channel Here
María Trénor’s ¿Dónde estabas tú? challenges the viewer to reflect on the universal reality of violence against women, whether subtle or brutal. The interviews resulting in the three stories that make up this film were conducted in Mozambique and the Philippines.
2020; Spanish with English subtitles; 20 minutes; not recommended for children under 12.
Free community event
Creadores de animación para el siglo XXI: Film Schedule
* November 30: Amore d’inverno (Isabel Herguera, 2015)
* December 3: Jane, Tarzán nez zen horren guay (Begoña Vicario, 2016)
* December 7: Lursaguak (Izibene Oñederra, 2019)
* December 10: Patchwork (María Manero, 2018)
* December 14: Yo (Begoña Arostegui, 2020)
* December 17: ¿Dónde estabas tú? (María Trénor, 2020)
* December 21: Esfinge urbana (MaMYC),
Instituto Cervantes presents six short animated films for adults, created by an intergenerational group of female directors who have found freedom of self-expression in the immense possibilities offered by diverse animation techniques.